punchng.com

Sunday 25 January 2015

When Love Stinks(1)

By Mr.Myrron 2015(All Rights Reserved)

I stood transfixed to the spot as I watched Alero make her
way into the lecture theatre, swaying her hips to the
rhythm of my heart beat. I was momentarily lost as I
watched her walk, I watched her silhouette emerge from
the early morning darkness, I wasn’t expecting her to
come to class that early. The sweat on my palms seemed
to defy the cold harmattan breeze the persistently poured
into the lecture theatre. I swallowed hard as I watched her
make her way gracefully to where I was seating. She wore
the usual smile that exposed her immaculately white
teeth. She walked with the confidence that built up the
tension inside of me. To me, Alero was easily God’s best
piece of creation. She had the right amounts of flesh in
the right places, her fair face seemed to make the sun
look dull when it radiated brightness, but the brightness
didn’t stop in her looks alone. She was among the leading
students in the class.
“Good morning Tom”
The sweet melody in her voice immediately jerked me
back from my reverie.
“Hey”
I muttered looking up, evidently tensed, I was sure she
could hear my heart now pounding with vicious ferocity.
“Good morning”
“How was your night?”
“It was really cold, but nice sha”
She said as she dusted the chair beside me to sit down
“ok”
I said, immediately going blank, I desperately searched
my rebellious head to see if I could get any viable topic
for conversation.
“ehmmm, did you enjoy last Thursday’s chapel service?”
I said immediately regretting the question. It was a
Wednesday morning . Tom! I looked at my crush trying to
figure out if there was any change in her countenance.
She retained her charming smile and top notch
composure, only that she was now sitting, staring deeply
into my eyes. My heart was now racing painfully, and this
girl didn’t look like she was planning to stop anytime
soon. I desperately looked around the cold, dark lecture
theatre desperately searching for anyone that could save
me from the mess I was in. she drew closer. I could now
feel droplets of sweat running through the ridge on my
back.
Right now I didn’t mind even the dean stepping into the
lecture theatre, I desperately prayed for anybody,
somebody to come, but the heavens were quiet, or were
simply delighted watching me go through this torture. She
placed her soft tender hands on my cheek and slowly
brought her lips closer. As her warm breath caressed my
skin that cold harmattan morning, my veins dilated and
some blood rushed to my face. Most of the blood went to
the auxiliary brain between my legs. As she drew closer,
my stomach started rumbling, as if in protest. Just as she
was about the plant the kiss, I let out an awful explosion
of fart. She immediately drew back, unsure of where the
noise was coming from.
Then it hit her.
I felt a push, then another tap, then a slight tap.
“Wake up, the lecturer is here!”
I looked up, and the blurred image before me slowly
became clearer. Then at once, I recognized her. It was
Alero, sitting right next to me. God! Why is this girl
everywhere? I looked up at the empty podium and I
realized that no one was there. Of course! She was
messing with me!
Right there, I wanted to pour out my feelings to her before
I get myself embarrassed again. I wanted to tell her that
right from the first day I saw walked into the lecture
theatre with that lemon green pleat skirt and a flowery top,
she had been all I could think of. As I seriously wracked
my brain to find the right words to express my undying
affection for this epitome of beauty, I started feeling a
familiar sensation in my stomach. Immediately I touched
her. Immediately she turned, My heart started its usual
race. The words disappeared from my head. Then finally, I
managed to speak
“Alero I…….’
Then It happened again. This time, it was not in the safe
privacy my dreams, it was in reality. Immediately, the
whole lecture theatre went quiet, and everybody looked
towards my direction. Immediately, I felt that familiar
sensation I feel anytime I get nervous. Then the
microphone jerked me back to reality….
“Young man, we are waiting for your answer!”
It was the cantankerous MAT121 lecturer. That didn’t help
the situation. I still let it out, loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment